04/05/2017 | 5:30-7:30pm | CU Natural History Museum, Biolounge, 1030 Broadway St. Boulder, CO 80309
Featured Scientists: Early-career professionals from eight different STEM fields listed below:
- Ecology – Alpine Plants and Climate Change
- Mechanical Engineering – Biomimicry: Engineering Inspired by Nature
- Chemistry and Biochemistry – Odors (The Ones We Can Detect and The Ones We Can’t)
- Psychology – Science of Humor: Peter McGraw Student
- Physics – JILA, Engineering Ultracold Fluids Out Of New Substances
- Medicine – Anesthesiology
- Geological Sciences – Baffin Island Arctic Paleoclimate, Glacial History and Paleoecology
- UCAR/Atmospheric Science – Pollution and Agriculture
April Teen Science Café: “Science Speed Dating”
Due to the popular success of last year’s first ever find your ‘science soul mate’ café, we’re hosting our “2nd Annual Science Speed Dating Café”! You are cordially invited to join us for the last Teen Café of this school year featuring the chance to chat with early career researchers.
We will start the night out with a nutty session of Pictionary-Cranium-Scattergories-inspired science trivia, followed by Science Speed Dating, where small groups of Café attendees will spend approximately 10 minutes with each scientist, learning what they are passionate about, and what it takes to be successful in their fields.
We’re planning a special two hour Café to include time for trivia game playing, then socializing with Café friends and scientist guests. Join us and see if you can meet your Science Soul Mate!
Cafés are limited to high school teens who are ages 14-18 yrs. old.
Space is limited at our Cafés. If you RSVP, come to the Café! If you can’t make it, let us know as far ahead as possible, so that we can release your seat to another interested person as seats are limited based on RSVP’s.