CU Science Discovery’s Teacher Professional Development Workshops are full-day/7.5-hour or multi-day learning experiences that:
- Provide a full-day(s) of engaging, hands-on STEM learning and activities
- Share new standards-based approaches, activities, skills and technologies
- Model pedagogical options and provide extension and collaboration opportunities
- Develop inquiry, innovation, engineering design and/or science process skills
- Supply program resources, documentation of professional development hours or university credit
- Bring the best of cutting-edge science and engineering from the University of Colorado Boulder
Each of the programs listed below can be delivered in multiple formats at schools, district facilities or regional events and conferences. Participant costs range between $50 and $100 per day. Additional fees for graduate credit and travel fees for programs outside the Denver Metro area may apply. CU Boulder Campus-Based programs are scheduled throughout the school year and summer. Program dates will be posted as they are scheduled.
NEW! Design Thinking, Tools and Technology: Standards-Based Learning for 21st Century Classrooms: Blends science and math content with engineering practices, design thinking, and learning tools for the 21st century classroom
Earth Systems Science: Exploring Change in the Critical Zone Teacher Mountain Research Experience: 3-day, residential, Earth Science, field science, fire ecology, hydrology course held each summer
Engineering is Everywhere: An Introduction to Engineering Design and Classroom Applications: STEM inquiry and engineering design pedagogy, 21st century materials and cutting-edge technologies
Engineering the Future: Tools and Technologies for Classroom Innovation: Blends science content and engineering practices with tools, technologies and methods for incorporating innovation, invention and project-based learning in the classroom.
Introduction to 3D Design and Printing for Teachers, Tinkerers, Technologists and Librarians: 3D design, 3D printer use, materials and safety, engineering design and project-based applications
World of Waves: Wave Science, Technology and Innovation for Elementary & Middle School Classrooms: Introduction to wave science, new classroom activities, technology and signals, real-world applications
For additional information or to begin planning your CU Science Discovery program, please contact Hester Nadel via email or by calling 303.492.8640.