CU Science Discovery’s Innovation Skills and Technology Short Courses are learning experiences that:
- Provide 5-hours of engaging, hands-on STEM learning and activities
- Model pedagogical options and provide extension and collaboration opportunities
- Delve deeper into skills, classroom applications and pedagogy for a specific concept or theme
- Supply program resources, documentation of professional development hours or university credit
Each of the programs listed below can be delivered in multiple formats at schools, district facilities or regional events and conferences. Participant costs range between $50 and $100 per day. Additional fees for graduate credit and travel fees for programs outside the Denver Metro area may apply. CU Boulder campus-based programs are scheduled throughout the school year and summer. Program dates will be posted below when they are scheduled. Stay tuned!
Invention Literacy with Makey Makey and Scratch
Innovation pedagogy, using maker spaces, tools and safety, introduction to Makey Makey and Scratch
- March 18, 2017 in Boulder, CO
21st Century Materials Science: Exploring the Materials that Will Shape the Future
3D printing, materials science, muscle-wire, shape memory polymers, biopolymers and more
Electronics Lab: Components, Soldering, Circuits and 21st Century Conductors
Basic electronics, reverse engineering, circuits, power systems, safety, conductive paint and thread
For additional information or to begin planning your CU Science Discovery program, please contact Hester Nadel via email or by calling 303.492.8640.