CU Science Discovery is proud to be a part of Portal to the Public, a national network of organizations that connect public audiences with scientists working in their communities.
As a member of the POP network, we train scientists of all disciplines and skill levels to communicate their research to public audiences. Participating scientists morph into CU Science Ambassadors as they design hands-on activities and subsequently present them at public events. Stay tuned for a list of the 2017-2018 CU Science Ambassadors and the disciplines they represent.
Portal to the Public Network Member Organizations Map (effective February 2017):
- Aroob Abdelhamid, CU Boulder, Chemistry
- Sarah Arpin, CU Boulder, Pure Mathematics
- Jennifer Berry, CU Boulder, Chemistry
- Laurel Brigham, CU Boulder, Evolutionary Biology
- Matthew Coggon, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
- Leo Herr, CU Boulder, Pure Mathematics
- Drew Morrill, CU Boulder, JILA, Physics
- Louisa Smith, CU Boulder, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Tasha Snow, CU Boulder, CIRES, Geography
- Stephanie Swartz, CU Boulder, Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering
- Rayshan Visvanathan, CU Boulder, Materials Science and Engineering
For updates on upcoming Portal to the Public outreach events, please visit our Events page.
Want to learn more about becoming a Portal to the Public CU Science Ambassador? Contact Kat Penzkover via email for complete details.