2017 STEM Crew Application has closed. Please see the requirements below if you are interested in becoming a STEM Crew Volunteer for Summer 2018.
Science Discovery offers high school students volunteer opportunities to assist with summer camps, community outreach events or behind-the-scenes administrative work. STEM Crew volunteers provide valuable support to Science Discovery’s summer camps for K-8 students. Our STEM Crew Team Members are selected through a competitive application process.
- Applicants must be 14 years of age by May 1, 2018 and no older than a senior in high school.
- STEM Crew team members must provide a minimum of 75 hours of service from late May – August 2018.
- STEM Crew team members must commit to scheduled shifts. Shifts will occur Monday-Friday for approximately 4-8 hours each day (with a minimum of 20 hours/week), based upon applicants’ availability.
- Upon acceptance to the program, a $50 tuition fee is required to cover training, materials, t-shirt and name badge. Tuition fee for STEM Crew may be waived due to financial need. Please contact Naomi Naylor for more information.
- Volunteers are required to attend a 3-hour training session April 27th, 4:30-8pm. Food and beverage will be provided. If a volunteer fails to attend the training for any reason, they will be unable to participate during the 2018 season.
Expectations for STEM Crew Team Members:
- STEM Crew members are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for each shift in which you are scheduled.
- You are required to adhere to the CU Science Discovery dress code, attendance and behavior policies.
- All cell phones are to be stowed during volunteer hours unless the volunteer task requires use of a cell phone.
- Volunteer opportunities with CU Science Discovery consists of working with CU instructors, graduate and undergraduate students, scientists, children ages 5-13 and parents. As such, professionalism is expected at all times.
The Application Process:
- Complete our online STEM Crew Volunteer application
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Naomi Naylor via email
- Applications are due by March 31, 2018. All items (cover letter, resume and online application) must be submitted for full consideration.
- Applicants will be notified of their standing by April 17, 2017
If you have questions regarding the STEM Crew program requirements or application process, please contact Naomi Naylor via email. Thank you for your interest!