Science Discovery offers high school students volunteer opportunities to assist with summer camps, community outreach events or behind-the-scenes administrative work. STEAM Crew volunteers provide valuable support to Science Discovery’s summer camps for K-8 students. Our STEAM Crew Team Members are selected through a competitive application process.
- Applicants must be 14 years of age by May 1, 2018 and no older than a senior in high school.
- STEAM Crew team members must commit to scheduled shifts. Shifts will occur Monday-Friday for approximately 4-8 hours each day (with a minimum of 20 hours/week), based upon applicants’ availability.
- Upon acceptance to the program, a $50 tuition fee is required to cover training, materials, t-shirt and name badge. Tuition fee for STEAM Crew may be waived due to financial need. Please contact Anjali Maus for more information.
- Volunteers are required to attend a 3-hour training session, date TBD. Food and beverage will be provided. If a volunteer fails to attend the training for any reason, they will be unable to participate during the 2018 season.
Expectations for STEAM Crew Team Members:
- STEAM Crew members are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for each shift in which you are scheduled.
- You are required to adhere to the CU Science Discovery dress code, attendance and behavior policies.
- All cell phones are to be stowed during volunteer hours unless the volunteer task requires use of a cell phone.
- Volunteer opportunities with CU Science Discovery consists of working with CU instructors, graduate and undergraduate students, scientists, children ages 5-13 and parents. As such, professionalism is expected at all times.
The Application Process:
- Applications are being accepted through March 2, 2018.
- All items (resume and Letter of Recommendation) must be submitted for full consideration.
If you have questions regarding the STEAM Crew program requirements or application process, please contact Anjali Maus via email. Thank you for your interest!