Teen Volunteer Program 2016 – Applications for Summer STEM Crew 2016 has closed.
Please see the requirements below if you are interested in becoming a STEM Crew Volunteer for Summer 2017.
Science Discovery offers high school students volunteer opportunities to assist with summer camps, community outreach events or behind-the-scenes administrative work. STEM Crew volunteers are selected through a competitive application process.
- Applicants must be 14 years of age by May 1, 2016 and no older than a senior in high school.
- STEM Crew team members must provide a minimum of 75 hours of service from May 31, 2016 – August 2016.
- STEM Crew team members must commit to scheduled shifts. Shifts will occur Monday-Friday for approximately 4-9 hours each day (with a minimum of 20 hours/week), based upon applicants availability.
- Upon acceptance to the program, a $50 tuition fee is required. This fee covers training, materials, t-shirt and name badge. Tuition fee for STEM Crew may be available for needs-based scholarship funding. Please contact Naomi Naylor via email for more information.
- First-year volunteers are required to attend a one day training session on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 from 5 – 8pm. Food and beverage will be provided. If a volunteer fails to attend the training for any reason, they will be unable to participate during the 2016 season.
Expectations for STEM Crew Team Members:
- STEM Crew members are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for each shift in which you are scheduled.
- You are required to adhere to the CU Science Discovery dress code, attendance and behavior policies.
- All cell phones are to be stowed during volunteer hours unless the volunteer task requires use of a cell phone.
- Volunteer opportunities with CU Science Discovery consists of working with CU instructors, graduate and undergraduate students, scientists, children ages 5-13 and parents. As such, professionalism is expected at all times.
The Application Process:
- Applications for 2016 Summer STEM Crew has closed.
- Group interview sessions will take place on April 11 and April 13 from 5-7pm. All applicants receiving an invitation to interview are required to attend one of these sessions.
- Applicants will be notified of their standing by April 22, 2016.
If you have questions regarding the STEM Crew program requirements or application process, please contact Naomi Naylor via email. Thank you for your interest!