CU Science Discovery is proud to be a part of Portal to the Public, a national network of organizations that connect public audiences with scientists working in their communities.
As a member of the POP network, we train scientists of all disciplines and skill levels to communicate their research to public audiences. Participating scientists morph into CU Science Ambassadors as they design hands-on activities and subsequently present them at public events.
Here are the 2016-2017 CU Science Ambassadors and the disciplines they represent:
- Biran Aguado, CU Boulder, Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Clemence Bacquet, CU Boulder, Aerospace Engineering
- Megan Harries, CU Boulder, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Matt Hartsock, CU Boulder, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Stephanie Moon and Brianna Van Treeck, CU Boulder, Biochemistry
- Brigitta Rongstad, CU Boulder, Department of Geological Sciences
- Michael Rush, CU Boulder, Environmental Engineering
- Nicole Speer, CU Boulder, Neuroimaging
- Katherine Stange, CU Boulder, Mathematics
- Maria Stoica, CU Boulder, INSTAAR
- Meredith Tennis, UC Denver, School of Medicine
- Qinghuan Zhang, CU Boulder, Geography
For updates on upcoming Portal to the Public outreach events, please visit our Events page.
Want to learn more about becoming a Portal to the Public CU Science Ambassador? Contact Kat Penzkover via email for complete details.